Monday 27 November 2017

Pause.



Pause. That's the word that keeps coming to me as I think about this festive season. 

There's so much busy. More than I wish to remember, more than I wish to have to do. And even as I pause, it feels as though our world is still buzzing around me.  

But still I pause. And in that moment I notice where I am. I take a big nourishing breath in, and take stock of where I am. I notice the little things that pull me back to the present, and steer my thoughts from tasks to moments, from rushing to gratitude, from routine to rhythm.

I notice where I am standing. My connection with the ground, with whatever is under foot. I visualise myself putting down roots and connecting as deep down as I need to go until I reach Mother Earth.

I notice my body and how it's feeling as a whole. I allow myself to notice the parts of my body that may be struggling right now. And I give thanks for them. For the job they're doing, despite strain and perhaps despite my full attention.  

I notice my breath, it's rhythm, it's depth, it's sound. I dwell here with the breath, choosing not to manipulate but to be witness to it's presence today. I notice how with my non-judgement and loving attention it naturally slows, becomes deeper, fuller. For my breath, I give thanks.

I notice what's around me. I see mess, I see food that needs to be cooked, I see a lengthy to-do list and floors that need sweeping. I close my eyes, reminding myself to look deeper. When I open them I see with my heart. I see an abundance of wants met, I see healthy nourishing food ready and waiting, I see a beautiful life being lived fully and a home that while messy is one of peace. 

I place one hand on my heart, the other on my belly. I breathe, visualising my life breath travelling back and forth between the two. I give thanks for love and all that nourishes me in each day.

I pause. And in that moment I notice where I am. I return to my day, with an adjusted rhythm. Remembering who I am, where I am, and all I have to be thankful for. Especially when the world may feels like it's buzzing around me.

xx

Pause and interrupt busy with slow, mindfulness and gratitude, and in doing so, nurture. It's my plan for the next month, and going by how it feels I think it's a good one for me. Will you join me? Elisa x

--

---------------->> My free five-day mindfulness bundle incorporating breath work, journaling + meditation {the tools + rituals I use to cultivate nurture + space for what matters most in my day} will launch in the New Year. More info here, if this sounds like you xx <<----------------

6 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about the same thing, in a way. I need to stop and rest and think about nothing and enjoy my nowness. There will always be dishes to do and chores to finish, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I especially love everything you wrote for the "I notice what's around me" section. So easy to see the mess and stress, but I love how when you looked with your heart you saw the love and connection xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post and felt myself slowing into the moment.
    Im really looking forward to your mindfulness package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop and take a deep breath . .. two very important things that often get forgotten.

    Luisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely- Even reading this I felt like I had to make myself pause & slow down..like pausing is anther thing to add to the busy... But I did, and so important to notice all those things x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written post Elisa. I try to take time and notice the little things around our house like the creations my girls come up with, the stories they write or pictures they draw, but somedays I can't get past the mess and clutter..arrgh! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support. I'm so glad you stopped by xx