Wednesday 11 June 2014

Finding joy


Joy. It keeps coming at me. In conversation. In actions. As a guide in decisions of late. I've heard the advice to act with the question "What would love do?" in mind. I love that. But lately, it's been "Will this bring me joy? How can I offer joy? And is there a joyous way to do or think about what has to be done?" The more I ask these questions, the better I come to understand what joy is to me. And the more I seem to find joy. In the little things, and even in the mundane. Maybe joy has always been there, in almost everything I have set out to do - just I haven't always been looking with joyful eyes, and it's that I'm consciously choosing now to honour my heart's kind of joy. Maybe.


xx

Are you seeking joy? What brings joy to you?   


6 comments:

  1. A beautiful post! I think joy and gratitude are linked & can definitely be a perspective x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all in the perspective, eh? And in "consciously choosing". Love this post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to look through more joyous eyes, it certainly is there when you consciously look for it:) Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find joy when I watch my girls play together or when I hear them say something sweet. Sometimes its looking around my house and coming across a memory of something we did together that makes me feel joyous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I think joy is something I believed came as an after effect but now I know it is an intention as well. Choosing joy means seeking it out, letting it in, giving myself permission, living fully and authentically xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely seeking joy. At the moment I am not sure what would bring me joy :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support. I'm so glad you stopped by xx