Wednesday 14 March 2018

Light // One word 2018


Light. I've been capturing it in photographs, tuning into my heart + light within, looking for the light in all situations of late and seeking a lighter load for this year ... Light resonates with how I want to feel, and what I want to share. 

It kind of feels like I breathed my way here throughout 2017.

Light is also a reminder for me that out of heaviness, dark, mess and shade, light can be found. And felt. But also it's a promise to acknowledge the shadows, to work with them + love myself through them.

I processed loads of emotion in 2017 and shifted so many limiting beliefs. It felt messy and complicated like a burden at times and a lot like grief + heartache.

With breathe as my guiding word last year, I continually came back to my breath as the answer to most situations - when life felt rushed, in moments I wanted to remember, in stillness and in quiet.

I came back to my breath in the loud of life with three kids.
I took deeper yet lighter breaths while watching the sunset most nights.
I allowed myself to breathe with intention the minute I woke, during meditation, and before I journalled.
For solo minutes, I stopped to just to breathe. 


And this practice created a lightness, space and room for the old to release and the new to grow. I feel so much lighter for it. And full of heart, hope + peace. I want to share a little more of this, my light and my heart this year. It feels like with light as my guide, that I've begun with a breath of fresh air.

Xx

Finally sharing my one guiding word for 2018! Three months in, but better late than never! Have you chosen a guiding word for this year? Have you blogged about it? I'd love to know/read about it. Elisa xx 


4 comments:

  1. Love this Elisa - breath and light and release and growth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have paid attention to light in my photography more in the last year than I ever have. Maybe you needed breath to see light. I know slowing down has been the key for me to finally pay attention to the light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, love that your word for the year is just being shared now- I sometimes think there is a fair bit of pressure to have our year sorted on the 1st January. Light is a perfect choice- always good to look for the light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much - it's never too late to pick a word or live with intention.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support. I'm so glad you stopped by xx